Johnston Home Damaged by Kitchen Fire
web posted February 7, 2013 JOHNSTON – Johnston
Police were called to a structure fire on the 600 block of Ridge Road
Wednesday afternoon and the first Fireman on the scene reported "smoke
showing". Once additional firefighters arrived they entered the home
and quickly knocked out a grease fire on the kitchen stove.
The home suffered heavy damage in the kitchen area with the fire just
moments from breaking through into the attic area.
Firefighters extinguished the flames and removed the damaged stove
while running fans to clear the smoke from the home. They were able to
clear the scene in just over an hour.
It is unknown if the home was ruled unable to be lived in following the